Getting Ready for the Holidays: No Baking Required
For this post, no baking will be required because I’m sharing this delightful dark hot cocoa recipe. It’s absolutely perfect for the winter months when it’s too cold outside, just in time for the holidays.
You can serve it in mason jars or mugs, with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed peppermint candy or chocolate shavings. Keep in mind that caramel goes well with chocolate, too. And if you’re the ultimate adventurous foodie, add chili in your hot cocoa!
Dark Hot Cocoa
- 1 Liter milk
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, chopped (makes it easier to melt )
- 2 tbsp sugar (or more adjust to taste)
- a pinch of salt
- In a pot, heat the milk, without letting it boil.
- Add the chopped chocolate, sugar and pinch of salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add whipped cream, infuse it with peppermint candy cane (love this) or just enjoy it as it is. :