When you open your fridge and you have eggs, kale, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms,bell pepper and cheddar cheese, Frittata is the way to go!
Or when you’re craving for quiche…make frittata! It’s essentially like quiche without the crust.
The wonderful thing about frittata is that you can pretty much make it with whatever you might have in your fridge. You can make this with cheddar and broccoli. If you have chicken and mushrooms, go for that. The possibilities are endless!
You can have frittata by itself, or you can fancy it up by adding avocado toast and some cherry tomatoes drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Now those are some really amazing flavours right there.
My recipe includes kale, see the amazing health benefits in this link from healthyline.com.
Kale and Mushroom Frittata
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup onions, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 2 – 3 cups kale, roughly chopped, (will wilt when cooked)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set your oven on broiler at 375F.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, stove top. Sauté: onions, garlic, followed by pepper, mushrooms and kale. Once cooked, quickly toss in the cherry tomatoes and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. ***you may add the zuchinni after step 3, placed along the edges (you’ll see in photo) just cause it looks prettier.
- Now, add the eggs and milk mixture to the skillet.
- Once the edges of the frittata has set, add the cheddar cheese or any sharp cheese that you prefer. Then transfer it to the oven set on broiler, let it cook for another 2 - 5 minutes (approximately), or until the egg are set and the cheese has browned.
- If you want to make avocado toast. Simply toast your preferred bread, add sliced avocados, add the halved cherry/grape tomatoes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze.
Please make sure your skillet / pan is oven safe.
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
Please check out more fun stuff from The Sweet Edge on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org