Do you know what’s better than cheesecake brownies? Cheesecake brownies with ice cream! Salted Caramel Ice Cream, that is.
I shared the brownie base in my previous post Rich Custard Brownies. Using the same brownie base minus the custard, top it with this cheesecake recipe. Now you have an amazing cheesecake brownie recipe! I’ll include the brownie recipe in this post again.
Cheesecake Brownie Recipe:
Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper and extend it an inch above the rim, for easier lifting after baking
- 1 package 8oz Cream cheese (full fat), softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
You can easily double the cheesecake if you feel you need more.
- Using a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese until smooth.
Add sugar and vanilla and mix in until smooth at low speed.
Then add the egg yolks. Mix until incorporated. Set this aside and prepare the brownie recipe.
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 2 /3 cup Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2/3 cup Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups Butter
- 4 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Melt the chocolates (unsweetened and bittersweet) and the butter over a bain marie. Once melted, set this aside and let cool to room temperature before adding any of the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until well blended.
- Blend in the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture. Then sift and fold flour.
- Pour the brownie mix in the baking pan, spread evenly.
- Add the cheesecake mix on the brownie. with a small spatula, give both the brownie and cheesecake a swirl for that “swirly” look.
- Bake at 325 for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Cut into 2″x 2″ squares.
To get a clean cut of the brownies, let it cool completely. Wipe your knife with a damp paper towel after every slice you make.
To make this plated dessert, you need:
2 pieces of the cheesecake brownies, caramel sauce, strawberries, chocolate chips, walnuts and ice cream (best to use vanilla, chocolate, caramel flavours)
On a plate, place the 1st brownie cheesecake side up, scoop 1 – 2 salted ice cream (or any flavour of your choice). Place the 2nd piece of brownie on top (cheesecake side up) like you would with a sandwich. Drizzle with caramel or add the caramel sauce around the brownie Sammie. Garnish with berries, nuts and chocolate chips. Enjoy!!