Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken
This spinach feta stuffed chicken has been a hit with my family. It hasn’t been easy to sell the idea of having spinach or anything green to a couple of meat lovers. When given veggies, I always get this answer: “I’ll have it later.” That translates to: “No, not happening.” Ok, maybe not every time I feed them greens but definitely MOST of the time and I need to be creative. But this chicken and spinach recipe, they absolutely love.
I have to be honest, this might not be the quickest meal to prepare but I can guarantee that it’s well worth it. If you haven’t ‘butterflied’ any chicken breasts before. Try to look up some insightful techniques in doing so, like this link from Good Housekeeping.
This recipe can be enjoyed with salad for more greens (!), or serve it with quinoa(definitely healthy!!) or even rice!
Happy Cooking! Cheers!
- 4 pieces chicken breast, boneless (skinless preferred)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil (1 tbsp for spinach and reserve some to drizzle the chicken)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed / finely chopped
- 3 - 4 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup feta chesse, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat oven to 350F
- Butterfly the chicken breast and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Sauté garlic then add the spinach and cook until it has wilted then, set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- On your baking dish, open the butterflied chicken. Fill the butterflied chicken with spinach and feta cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked.