Nothing is more welcome than an evening spent in engaged conversation over a bottle of wine with good company. I prepared seafood appetizers, just for the occasion. I’m always thrilled to make flavourful appetizers!
Here are some things I’ve prepared: tuna meatballs filled with bocconcini, smoked salmon with cream cheese in wonton cups, scallops and mangoes in endive leaves, scallops on zucchini with feta and tomatoes.
In accepting the Marine Stewardship Council’s Ocean To Plate Challenge, I used MSC-certified seafood for my ingredients. Quick and easy recipes that are not only delicious, but socially responsible as well! You can find more information on MSC in their website.
Check out the MSC products, I’ve used. Not in picture is the Cod though which was MSC certified too.
Find products that are labelled with MSC logo to support sustainable seafood products.
This post is in partnership with Marine Stewardship Council ,who covered the cost of the ingredients.
- 24 pieces of small wonton wrappers
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 1 8oz brick of cream cheese
- 3 - 4 tbsp chives,finely chopped
- Sprigs of dill, to garnish
- Lightly oil muffin tin and wonton cups, use a cooking spray. Place the wonton in the muffin tin and set oven to 375F. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch this closely, it can quickly get overdone. Once done set aside and let cool.
- Soften the cream cheese and add the chives, mix well. Transfer to a piping bag (it's easier to do it this way)
- Pipe enough cream cheese into the wonton cup, place the smoked salmon on top. Garnish with dill and serve.