Filipinos do love a good plate of tapsilog! Thinly sliced beef strips, a fried egg and cup of garlic fried rice sets the stage for a great meal any time of the day! Check out my tapsilog recipe.
The name tapsilog is a combination of three words in Pilipino: tapa (fried beef strips), sinangag (fried rice) and itlog (fried egg).
Tapsilog is a popular breakfast meal in the Philippines. Most 24 hour restaurants serve an all day breakfast menu that includes Filipino staples such as tapsilog.
There are a lot of combinations of this meal out there, including hot dogs (hotsilog), corned beef (cornsilog), and longganisa (longsilog).
Check out my tapsilog recipe and let me know how it turns out!
1 1/2 lbs of beef tapa
4 cups of garlic fried rice
4 fried eggs
1 1/2lbs of beef sirloin
5 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsps minced garlic
2 tbsps sugar
1/4 tbsp salt
1/4 tbsp ground black pepper
1. For the marinade, combine soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar in a metal bowl. Set marinade aside.
2. Using a clear Ziploc bag, combine beef strips and marinade.
3. Place Ziploc in refrigerator and marinate overnight (12 hours).
4. Once beef is ready, prepare a frying pan.
5. In a frying pan, boil 1 cup of water, then add 3 tbsps of cooking oil.
6. Add marinated beef strips and cook until water has evaporated.
7. Set beef strips aside.
Garlic Fried Rice
4 cups cooked rice
1 head of garlic
4 tbsps cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1. Combine rice and salt in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Cook garlic in frying pan until medium brown.
3. Add half of the rice in the frying pan, stir frying for 1 minute.
4. Put the rest of the rice in the frying pan. Continue frying the rice for five minutes.
5. Set fried rice aside.
1. Heat 2 tsps cooking oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
2. Break egg and place gently into the frying pan. Reduce heat to low.
3. Cook slowly until egg whites are set and the egg yolks start to thicken.
4. Set fried eggs aside.
Putting it all together
Arrange 1 cup of garlic fried rice, 1/4 of the beef strips and one fried egg on a plate. Best served with spiced vinegar.
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org