Tangzhong is a yeast bread technique popular across Asia which makes bread soft and fluffy. Try my Tangzhong Ensaymada Recipe today!
Ingredients for tangzhong
6 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons Bread Flour
Ingredients for dough
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Pre-heat oven to 350°F
Recipe makes 8
- Combine ingredients (milk and flour) in a small pot, mix until there are no lumps.
Place the pot at low heat, whisk mixture until it gets thicker. You will notice that there are “lines” at the bottom of the pot.
Transfer this mixture to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
Making the dough:
- Use a stand up mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Combine all ingredients: bread flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast, milk, egg , butter,and the cooled tangzhong.
- Mix for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Form the dough to a ball.
- Transfer to greased bowl and cover the bowl with saran wrap and let rise. This will take about an hour.
- Punch down the dough and divide to 8.
- At this point, you can either:
a. Roll it into a log then curl into a coil and place it on a brioche pan mold or baking pan.
b. With a rolling pin, flatten out dough to about 6-8” x 5” rectangle.
c. Brush the surface with softened butter. Add grated cheese and sugar and then roll it up. Keep in mind to seal the ends.
d. Now you’ve rolled it into a log, curl it into a coil. Place on slightly buttered muffin pan or brioche pans or baking pan.
- Let it rest and rise again for about an hour.
- Bake in the pre-heated 350°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
Let me know if you enjoyed using my Tangzhong Ensaymada Recipe!
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at [email protected]