RICH CUSTARD BROWNIES RECIPE: SINFUL AND DECADENT TREATS
Everyone loves brownies! This recipe is rich and decadent, and that’s just exactly how it should be: sinful! Try this unique brownies recipe today.
Brownies are easy to muster. All you need are: chocolates, bread flour, sugar, eggs and butter. Once you’ve done it, you can add your own flavour to it. I am particularly fond of the following: cheesecake brownies (I’ll post next), coconut macaroons, and the good old-fashioned rocky road.
This time, I wanted to try something new to add to my brownie repertoire. So I thought, why not try a brownie and custard combination? For the custard, I used a Filipino custard recipe which you’ll find in this post too.
I baked these in direct heat, but I’m thinking I could also try baking it in a hot water bath for the next. Why not, right?
Makes about 14 – 16 brownie cups
You can enjoy this on its own or you can try adding the custard. I included it in this post, if you feel like experimenting.
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 2 /3 cup Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2/3 cup Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups Butter
- 4 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Melt the chocolates (unsweetened and bittersweet) and the butter over a bain marie. Once melted, set this aside and let cool to room temperature before adding any of the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until well blended.
- Blend in the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture. Then sift and fold flour.
- If you’re doing the regular brownies, bake for about 30 minutes.
- If adding the custard, drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter into lined muffin cups (if you have the silicon ones, use those or use foil cupcake liners).
- Set aside. Then proceed to making the custard, see recipe below.
I mixed this by hand without any difficulties. You can double the amount if you wish to add more.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Beat egg yolk, the pour in the vanilla, milk and condensed milk. Blend well.
- Pour into the prepared lined muffin cups with the brownie mixture.
Bake at 325F for about 30 minutes.
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at [email protected]