Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Yes, this is yet another cookie post, it will definitely not be the last. I just can’t help it, these are really amazing cookies!
I think you would’ve figured out by now that I love cookies. I go crazy for all sorts of cookies, from arrowroot cookies to wafers. I love them all. I have a preference to all things chocolate, and this cookie recipe is definitely at the top of my list.
So, when chocolate chip cookies are not enough…there’s always this. What’s not to love?! It’s chocolate and chocolate chips! What’re you waiting for? Get your bake on!
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes about 3 dozen
Have ingredients at room temperature, line baking sheets with parchment paper, pre-heat oven to 350F
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pastry flour (substitute half for bread flour, to make it chewier)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (white, semi-sweet, dark, the choice is yours :))
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar and salt in your stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment at low speed. *For light cookies, cream until the mix is light and fluffy. For denser cookies, blend to a smooth paste, but do not cream until light.
- Add eggs one at a time and make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add vanilla and continue to blend at low speed.
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use spoons (you’ll need 2 because: one for scooping batter, the other to aid when you’re dropping the batter on the pan) or use an ice cream scoop to drop batter on the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave space in between.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, let it cool on the wire rack.