Whether you’re baking for the weekend or for the holidays, you really should give this fuss-free Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie recipe a try!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Yield: Makes about 32 cookies
Prepare the pecans beforehand, place pecans on baking sheet and let it roast the pecans for about 5 minutes. You have to let the pecans cool down before adding to your cookie dough.
• 150g salted butter (room temperature, but not melted)
• 120g granulated white sugar
• 120g brown sugar
• 2 eggs, room temperature
• 5g vanilla extract
• 300g all purpose flour
• 4g baking soda
• 300g chocolate chips
• 120g chopped pecans
- Prepare baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 352F.
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- With your mixer at low-speed, cream butter and sugar (At this stage it is important to watch the consistency of the butter and sugar. Light and fluffy will yield to lighter cookies. For denser cookies, mix just until well blended.)
- Still mixing at low-speed add the eggs and vanilla extract gradually making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with every addition.
- Add the sifted flour and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- With a spoon, drop about 1-1 1/2 inch balls, 2 inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Alternatively you can use a small a small ice cream scooper.
- Bake at 180C / 352F for 12 minutes. Once done, let the cookies cool.
Let me know if you enjoyed using my chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe!
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at [email protected]