Delicious, rich cookies! Double up and save the remaining dough for future baking. Try my Pecan Sandies Recipe today!
Makes about 25 cookies
220g butter, room temperature
77.5g confectioners sugar, sifted
30g brown sugar
Pinch of salt
5g vanilla extract
250g all purpose flour, sifted
187.5g ground pecans
- With your mixer at low-speed, cream butter, sugar (confectioner’s and brown), salt, add the vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Mix in the flour, followed by the ground pecans.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, mix until incorporated.
- Lay a parchment paper on the counter and transfer the dough. Roll the dough into a 1.5” – 2” diameter “log” / cylinder. Using the parchment paper to roll out the dough is so much easier and lot less messier. If you find that the dough is too soft, simply chill the dough for a bit.
- Once the log is formed, chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Slice the dough about a quarter of an inch and place each slice on the baking sheet. Remember to place each slice about 2 inches away from each other.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven of 180°C for about 10 – 12 minutes.
You can certainly double up the recipe and freeze half the recipe.
Let me know if you enjoyed using my Pecan Sandies Recipe!
Why hello there, thanks for visiting The Sweet Edge!
I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email me for questions, comments and suggestions at [email protected]